Pages

Poems and photos by Peggy Goetz

(Scroll to bottom of page for profile information)

Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Poem: Images on a December Afternoon





Images on a December Afternoon

Clouds the colors of ice cream
sherbert how can you sit there
in the sky so impossibly glowing
in the afternoon from horizon
to horizon, oranges then
hints of raspberries and
powdery pinks against fading
baby blues.  
The impossible sunsets of winter.

This is for the new clouds prompt at Poetry Jam. The winter sunsets have been so spectacular they seem nearly impossible.

22 comments:

Mary said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Mary said...

Such beautiful colors in your sunset photos. I can see the reason you would compare the formations to sherbet, Peggy.

Sumana Roy said...

The lens caught the physical beauty and you lines the inner...
beautifully worded poem...

alan1704 said...

Beautiful, i love sunsets, the powerful colour of grace. I love the way delight and taste is the emotion of vision. This is brilliant.

Sherry Blue Sky said...

I remember those unbelievable sunsets when I lived at the beach - sometimes they looked like one expects heaven to look - so impossibly beautiful. Your photos are glorious....It has been a while since I saw a sunset and I so miss them in this gray little valley ringed with mountains.

Vandana Sharma said...

Different shades and yummy clouds as in icecream!

Aishwarya Magesh said...

wonderful sun set

Gabriella said...

I enjoyed your perspective, Peggy! All the more so as sherbet is one of my favorite desserts. Beautiful fiery skies in your photos!

The Unknowngnome said...

The colors of sherbert, nice!

Cressida de Nova said...

Stunning pics and poem...just edible!

Brian Miller said...

beautiful pics...ice cream sherbet...smiles...its a fun thought...and they can def be pretty amazing in winter....

Gillena Cox said...

Never would have though winter sunsets carried so much colour; have a nice Wednesday

much love...

Unknown said...

We had an amazing sunset too just the other night - bright reds crossing through the sky!

Laurie Kolp said...

I love sunsets like this... thanks for the reminder, Peggy.

Myrna R. said...

I love the pics. Your poem makes me miss my old house at the rim of the mountains. Spectacular sunsets there. Now I'll forever think of sherbet when I see clouds like these.

Helen said...

Amazing shots of amazing sunsets! Winter where I live produces a few as well.

Brandee Shafer said...

Beautiful, those skies, and so warmly-colored to be of and from winter.

Judy Roney said...

Impossibly beautiful. I always want to get my camera out when I see your photos. Beautiful.

Susan Lindquist said...

The sunsets have been impossibly beautiful of late ... the light at that time of day is always a marvel to me!

kaykuala said...

One just can't imagine the exquisite winter colors. Some peculiar weather changes lately turn out to be a blessing! Brilliant pics Peggy!

Hank

Intelliblog said...

Lovely images complement your sweet word pictures, Peggy. I enjoyed reading this.

Mary Ann Potter said...

Sunsets are indeed impossibly beautiful. What a lovely poem! (And what gorgeous photos!)